WizardCast Dreamforce Ready with Amber Boaz Episode 52
Click logo to subscribe
Mark Gillian has disappeared. So the WizardCast is looking for a new co-host! Want to take part in our Voices of the Ohana or add your voice to the list of “Auditions?” Check our post https://thewizardnews.com/2017/09/06/wizardcast-intro…n-voice-of-ohana/
Amber Boaz is the CRM Platform Owner at Rapid7. She’s also a multi-year MVP who has presented numerous times at Dreamforce, Salesforce’s annual convention in San Francisco. Amber was nice enough to co-host this episode despite being sick and being on NyQuil.
Dreamforce Ready with Amber Boaz
Amber & Brian talks about how to get Dreamforce Ready. Don’t take Brian’s advice to simply register for Dreamforce, get a hotel and transportation and simply just show up.
Listen to Amber who gets started the day after the previous Dreamforce:
- Compression Socks – Save your feet
- Don’t overload on sessions!
- List your top things to learn at Dreamforce & priortize
- Plan with your Team – You don’t all have to go to the same sessions. Split up, take notes, and share afterwards!
- Plan time for the expo
- Plan time for parties
- Plan Time for naps!
- Bring portable charging batteries and/or a power strip
- Leave the laptop at the hotel
- Use Evernote to take notes – since it works offline – or bring a notebook & pen
- Do not buy new shoes right before Dreamforce – break them in!
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Shipping your dirty clothes home & packing the swag is perfectly acceptable
- Shipping books/media from Salesforce? Let the shipper know you shipping media – may get a discount!
- Put your Twitter Handle on your bag/namebadge
- And many many more – but you have to listen!
Another great suggestion from Amber is to do a Dreamforce retrospective. What worked? What didn’t work? What can you do next year?
To see other tips, check out this Salesforce blog with tips from the community https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2017/09/advice-dreamforce-first-timers.html
We need to hear from you folks! Share with us your tips, blogs, Salesforce Videos, and Salesforce jokes (no matter how bad). We want to share them with our large audience of 6 people! Email us at WizardCast@thewizardnews.com or click “Contact WizardCast” on the right of our show notes.
Some sound effects & music provided by http://www.freesfx.co.uk
Overlay music from http://www.dievantile.com/2010/06/03/forgotten-dream/Forgotten Dream, Written by Di Evantile