WizardCast Winter’18 Readiness with Gillian Bruce Plus a Dreamforce Exclusive! Episode 51
Click logo to subscribe
Mark has disappeared. So the WizardCast is looking for a new co-host! Want to take part in our Voices of the Ohana or add your voice to the list of “Auditions?” Check our post https://thewizardnews.com/2017/09/06/wizardcast-intro…n-voice-of-ohana/
Gillian is the Senior Admin Evangelist at Salesforce. She’s also the co-host from a little podcast called “Salesforce Podcast for Admins” Gillian wanted to expand her hosting prowess by auditioning for Mark’s position as WizardCast co-host.
Winter’18 Release Readiness
Winter’18 Salesforce release is coming right around the corner! The release date varies for your org, but the majority will have it by mid-October. Find the exact date at https://status.salesforce.com/status
Great places to learn about the upcoming release
- Release Readiness Group in Success Community
- Winter ’18 Release Notes
- Get a Pre-Release Org
Gillian’s favorite Winter’18 Release features, most are for Lightning Experience
- Dynamic Pages (Pilot)- Set rules when a component will display on a page based on the record data
- Mass in-line editing in List Views for Lightning Experience
- Emojis in Chatter
- Share the Calendar in Lightning Experience
November 6 – 9 is Dreamforce this year! The first floor of the Moscone West will be hosting the admin and dev area this year, including 1100 minutes of session goodness at the Admin Theatre. These are walk by sessions, no registering in the agenda builder required. The Admin Theatre is a great place to find a seat and listen to some great content.
- Professional Headshots for Free
- The Swag Wheel – Bigger & Better
- More Demo Booths including Einstein for Admins & helping migration to Lightning Experience
- Security & Trust Cafe – Free Coffee!
- Rumor: General Community Lounge between the Dev & Admin area
We need to hear from you folks! Share with us your tips, blogs, Salesforce Videos, and Salesforce jokes (no matter how bad). We want to share them with our large audience of 6 people! Email us at WizardCast@thewizardnews.com or click “Contact WizardCast” on the right of our show notes.
You can also tweet to @MarkRoss__c or @Kwongerific with hashtag #WizardCast with a question or other submission.
Some sound effects & music provided by http://www.freesfx.co.uk
Overlay music from http://www.dievantile.com/2010/06/03/forgotten-dream/Forgotten Dream, Written by Di Evantile